GREEN CLIMATE FUND – KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE WORKSHOP
President’s Office Regional and Local Government (PO-RALG) is conducting a GREEN CLIMATE FUND (GCF) Knowledge exchange workshop in Morogoro from 25th-28th October 2017. The workshop is facilitated by International Institute of Environment and Development (IIED), PO-RALG and Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) – an accredited institution for Global Environment Facility (GEF) and GCF.
The workshop has brought representatives from PO-RALG, Ministry of Finance and Planning, Ministry of Health, Community development, Gender, Seniors and Children and the Ministry of Water and Irrigation. Other representatives are from the Institute of Rural Development Planning (IRDP),Local Government Training Institution (LGTI), Ardhi University and the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) and Hakikazi Catalyst.
The overall objective of the workshop is to prepare for the finalizing of new policies and frameworks, the GCF accreditation application and project development in 2018 by leveraging DBSA’s GCF experiences:
- Provide the missing knowledge to PO-RALG through contextualization of the GCF accreditation application
- Help PO-RALG understand the needs and mechanisms for institutionalizing new E&S, gender and project management functions and the links between these different functions
- Help PO-RALG to understand improvements required for strengthening new draft policies and frameworks
- Help PO-RALG to understand the application of E&S, gender and project management functions within the GCF framework and through practical case study examples
- Establish collaborations (matchmaking) between the relevant technical experts of DBSA and PO-RALG to leverage knowledge sharing beyond the workshop